Adopting a Friend
Our Adoptions Policies:
1. All pets are examined by a veterinarian prior to being placed up for adoption. Cats and kittens are tested for Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus after the age of 9 weeks. All pets receive distemper and Rabies vaccinations appropriate for their ages. They are also checked for parasites and treated if necessary.
2. There is an adoption fee of $75.00 for unaltered pets and $100.00 for pets that have been neutered or spayed. This fee allows us to provide the basic veterinary care for another cat or dog that needs to be rescued.
3. You will be required to complete the Adoption Questionnaire and an Adoption Contract when you adopt a pet. If you rent or live in a mobile home park or condominium, you will be asked to provide the name and telephone number of your apartment or park manager to verify that you may have a pet where you live.
4. Individuals wishing to adopt a pet must be 18 years of age or older in order to sign the adoption contract. A recognized form of identification is required.
5. Pets may not be adopted as a gift to be given to another party not in your immediate household. Gift Certificates are available to be given so a person may select their own companion pet.
6. Unaltered animals adopted from Safe Haven Pet Rescue must be neutered or spayed within the timeperiod specified on the Adoption Contract.
7. All declawed cats will be adopted only as strictly indoor pets.
8. Safe Haven Pet Rescue cannot guarantee the health and temperament of any animal in a new home situation, even though it has been examined and evaluated by a veterinarian prior to adoption. If a pet is not working out, notify Safe Haven and arrangements will be made for the animal to be returned. Within the first month after adoption, the adoption fee will be refunded upon request. Please note, Safe Haven does NOT do same day adoptions.
If you have any questions regarding these policies, please ask to talk to a Safe Haven Pet Rescue representative.